background

February 27, 2013

Things Are Wrapping Up Around Here

Sister Rodrigues Pinto, Sister Di Liberto, Sister Jarvie
Lauren trained Sister Di Liberto, Sister Di Liberto trained Sister Rodrigues Pinto!
Monday we had what is called the "Finish Strong" meeting for the sisters who are in their last transfer. It was really good and pretty much all about not fizzling off towards the end of your mission. It is so hard to stay concentrated. I figure the reason behind that stems from the time of year I am finishing my mission. This month and last month have been stressful because of applying both to BYU and as a counselor at EFY during the summer. It has been a major distraction! But President said that if we know what we are going to do after, start the process, because life will keep moving along. Today I found out that I got accepted to BYU! And last week I was hired to work EFY during the first half of the summer. Now at last, everything is all put together and I can FINISH STRONG!
Sister Cardita is so hilarious! We have so much in common and will say the same thing at the same time occasionally. Yesterday, after eating lunch at the COB, we almost got run over by Elder Quentin L. Cook!!! Today security told us he is a fast driver, and that is true, I'm a witness.
West Gate is still treating us well. Especially the past week, it has snowed a few days!
Sister Cardita is almost done with her mission too, she is in her 11th transfer, so we have a lot of fun. Both of us have had a lot of encounters with crazy/weird/creepy people during our missions so we've been talking with security a lot lately! But I will tell all those stories when I get home haha!
I saw an old friend of mine by the temple this week! He said him and his friend were going to the temple for the last session of the night. It was so cool, Im so proud of him. He had good news about a few of my friends back home and it really made my day. We are all fighting our own battles in life, to help us grow stronger. There is a great story in the Ensign this month that tells of a woman who struggled with a serious drug addiction, now 15 years later or something, nobody would have ever guessed she had gone through that. I pray that all the people I know who struggle with that can be like that woman one day. The Atonement covers e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. The Atonement is real she said. I have witnessed it myself that's for sure, the odds are in our favor.
xoxoxoxoxo
Sister Jarvie
CTR
Hangin' with the Mission Presidency
Sisters Forever!
 


1 comment:

ADC said...

That's my adopted daughter, Sister Rodrigues Pinto, in the picture with Sister Di Liberto! :D http://sisterpriscilarodriguespinto.blogspot.com/