background

April 16, 2012

Ester, aka Lani Got Baptized!!!

A visit from Temple Square Alumni--I love my sisters!!
Hello!!!  Fast week. Not too much to write about this week but one really great thing happened! The lady I have been teaching since December who I think I called Ester when I wrote about her (we use aliases) got BAPTIZED! Her actual name is Lani and she is from Hawaii. A member called in to refer her to the missionaries and that is how I got in contact with her. She is older and is living in California now. She had so many struggles in her life and is so happy to be a member of the Church now. She got baptized on Sunday at 2pm. She said she feels so much change already and is going to prepare to go through the temple next year. I am really excited to be there when she does that! It has been a really great experience to teach her from beginning to end. Since we switch companions so often, it makes it more difficult to stay with one investigator for longer than a transfer. I am so happy for her!

Last weekend our whole zone fasted to reach our goal that we had set for baptisms this transfer. I think we had 4 that same weekend. So cool. So we are pretty close to our goal and have been praying for all the people we teach so much. Please pray for us—the transfer ends April 24th!

Well, since transfer is almost over it means we are going to be really busy this week. Fleet is in charge of all the cars and arranging the drivers for transfer day. All the trips to and from the airport, sisters flying home or to their outbound, coming back from outbound, etc.

So good to see Jenna Mettra on Saturday night! What a good surprise. And Blythe Beecroft and Steffany Gilbert came too!! Yay!

Hope everyone had a great week! I hope to hear from you (hint hint)

Lovexoxoxo

Sister Jarvie

CTR

No comments: