background

January 23, 2013

He Sendeth An Invitation Unto All!


Sister Hoyt, Sister Jarvie and Matt Clayton
Sneaking a picture 
 There’s not much time to write today, but I do have two things to say. First, President Seppi is the man! He is in our mission presidency. He is so kind and really follows the promptings of the Spirit. We had an incident at West Gate on Saturday. This man who just got out of jail came to our booth and was asking us for the phone number of a transient bishop so he could get some help. I told him to go stand by the heater while I tried to find his number. The problem was that it was Saturday, so no one was available in the Church Office to help. So I called President Seppi because he always knows what to do. Anyways, we were both calling around to find someone to help this man. Nothing was working. So President Seppi drove all the way up here to Temple Square! He met with the man and he ended up getting some help for him. We gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to be baptized! He came back to the square the other day to thank me and Sister Hoyt. He will be moving to CA now so I hope he gets baptized. He took the missionary lessons in jail! Moral of the story...Alma 5:33—“Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.”
Second, Elder L. Whitney Clayton came to speak to us on Sunday! It wasn't a surprise though because President Gillette had told me months ago, before I even went outbound! The Gillette’s and the Clayton’s are in the same ward, and President Gillette knew that Matt and I are friends. It was so great to hear from them! Matt came with them and we had made plans to sit with him! It was like summers of old! Anyways, the messages were so inspiring. I was hanging on to every word. It was exactly what I needed to hear!
 
Other than that, those of us going home in 8 weeks are taking care of BYU admissions business because everything is due by February 1st.  And some sisters in my class say their parents have already received the flight information for March 20th.  It’s hard to believe!
Well I hope everyone is having a good week!
LOVE YOU!
CTR
Xoxoxoxo
Sister Jarvie


No comments: