background

December 31, 2012

My Last Week In Colorado!

Gary's Baptism!
My Zone Leader, (such a hipster!)
Well well! I really cannot believe that I am done with my outbound experience! And it will be the beginning of a new year. I can't even wrap my head around how scary this is! I have been keeping a "One Line a Day" journal since August 30, 2010. So I just write a little something about what’s going on each day of the year. On New Year’s day January 1, 2012 I wrote, "This year will be 100% dedicated to the Lord. This whole year, I will be a missionary". I feel like I just wrote that a minute ago. And now this incoming year, 2013, I will not be a missionary for part of it! I only have a couple months left. This means I have to go back to real life?! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited! It's fun to think about but there's also a lot of pressure. Mostly because of "the unknown". For now, I try my best to maintain my focus, but applying for school makes this difficult. I'll take any suggestions.  My mom sent me this great poem that I love. It’s called “God Knows” but is often referred to as “The Gate of the Year”--

God Knows
And I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year:
“Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.”
And he replied:
“Go out into the darkness
and put your hand into the Hand of God.
That shall be to you better than light
and safer than a known way.”

I am sad to leave Colorado! I have made so many great relationships here. I know I've said this so many times but everyone I've met here is so fantastic. I couldn’t have asked for a better outbound experience. Everyone in Parker, Colorado better know that as soon as I can, I will be back to visit you all. Thank you so much and I love you!
I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Years tonight!
SET A SPIRITUAL GOAL FOR 2013!
xoxoxo
LOVE YOU
Sista Jarvs
--
New old address:
Sister Lauren Jarvie
Temple Square Mission
50 N. West Temple St. Rm. BSVC
Salt Lake City, Ut 84150
sisterlaurenjarvie.blogspot.com



No comments: