background

November 19, 2012

Being Grateful!

Beautiful Parker, Colorado!
As I missionary, I think about what I am grateful for a lot. There are so many things. At this point in my mission I have realized what I really am the most grateful for, and that is Jesus Christ. I hope anyone who reads this will watch this video.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oXrOG02NMB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is my favorite video. If you don't feel the Spirit while watching this you need to re-evaluate yourself! No, but in all honesty, there are countless things we can think about this time of the year that we are thankful for. Count your blessings people. No matter how bad we think it may be or how hard times get, just think of what the Savior did for you, and why. When Elder Holland came to Temple Square to talk to us he said that we shouldn't ask “why is life so hard?” He said life was never easy for the Savior, so why should it be easy for any of us? Luckily, it can be easy because our burdens can be made light. Getting to that point can and usually will take some hard work though. When something bad happens, how often is the first thought we have, “wow I'm SO happy that I can handle this with the Lords help?” I have really learned that it is not about me at all. If I am upset, that's my choice. It is also my choice to be grateful for the little things. Instinctively, we will get frustrated, disappointed and down at times. How long do those feelings last though? For some, it can be years. Others, just a small moment. What is the difference? It really doesn’t depend on the circumstance. The difference in how we handle trials lies in our relationship with God, our understanding of His plan for us and our gratitude for what He has done for us.

"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."—Alma 26:16, Book of Mormon
I am so thankful for the experiences I've had, the bad ones as well as the good. Loyal people. The ones who were not. The family and friends who never left my side. Emma and Jess, my beautiful friends who understand me and still love me anyways! The angels that kept me grounded in the gospel of Christ throughout the years when I was surrounded by non-members. It was through this love that I came to know that Jesus Christ suffered these pains and weaknesses so that all of us could be forgiven. And that He lives and loves us. And that in every experience that I had, as I called upon Him, He continued to shape me to be an instrument in His hands and urged me to be an example to others. The more I have been able to focus on gratitude, the happier I am! I invite all of you to do the same!

Focus on small blessings.
Remember that, "A clean house is the sign of a wasted life". –a wise refrigerator magnet from home.
Go out, have fun, love your life and be grateful for what you have!
And EAT TURKEY!
Happy Thanksgiving!
*Gobble* *Gobble*
xoxoxox
Sister Jarvie
Sister Lauren Jarvie
CO- Colorado Springs
11825 Meadowood Ln.
Parker, CO 80138

No comments: