background

July 7, 2012

God Bless America!!!

A visit from President Nelson of my home stake!
The fourth of July was so fun! We finished on the Square at 8pm to start off our party! First we ate dinner, and then we all went up to the 26th floor of the Church Office Building to watch fireworks!! But first they put on a kind of musical program. President Gillette tried to teach us how to lead music (not gonna happen...), it was so cute! And then after some singing and July birthday recognition, we turned off the lights and found a place to look through the windows. Sister Di Liberto and I have become best friends with Sister Kemp and Sister K. Kim this transfer so we went into the less crowded and more peaceful room. It was so amazing!! We could probably see about 20 different fireworks shows going around all of Salt Lake City!! I have never seen so many fireworks in my whole life! I was thinking about how I didn't see any fireworks last year because I was a counselor at EFY. It was so worth it though. Oh, and President Gillette said I can start my application for EFY while still on my mission. I can't wait to work there again!

Thank you so much for all of the birthday love! SISTER KEMP AND SISTER KIM totally decorated my room on Tuesday night!! We walked into our apt after the day and I totally screamed! I was so surprised! Sister Wong gave me a 12-pack of Diet Coke. My zone leaders bought me a Diet Coke and Raspberry muffin top from Nauvoo Cafe. There were sooooo many nice things all the sisters did.
I love this mission.
 
It is really wonderful, the opportunity I have had on my mission to meet LDS girls that are so awesome! Everyone I have met here is so humble and they try so hard to live by the example of Jesus Christ. The sisters at Temple Square are from all over the world, but whether they come from an affluent part of the world or an island in the middle of the sea, they love the Lord and are completely dedicated to serving Him. They have such loving hearts and they use that love to lift the people they are serving and teaching. They are ever devoted to serving the Lord, building up His kingdom, and they are full of charity, the pure love of Christ. I think it is being a part of this mission and seeing this charity in action 24/7 that I will miss most when I go back to life in the real world. Anyways, I am so grateful for this precious time. I have learned so much already and I still have half way to go! I am so grateful for the amazing opportunity and the wonderful blessings I have received serving in this mission!!! I am an eternal member of a celestial sorority of Temple Square sister missionaries, and I am so very humbled and grateful…
Peace and Blessings
xoxoxo
Sister Jarvie
Please CTR

No comments: