background

October 25, 2011

Week 2--This Has Been Such An Awesome Week!!

                                  
Hello Hello!
This has been such an awesome week!! Last Tuesday night Richard G. Scott came to speak at our devotional. He did a Q&A session and it was so rad! I can’t believe that this week has gone by so fast. It has been so busy! We have to teach fake investigators every few days during something called TRC (Teaching Resource Center) where we are assigned a progressive investigator. We had a lady named Lawanna! She is the best! She has the craziest life story. She never knew her dad and her mom died when she was 9. So she was in and out of foster homes until she started living on the streets. So we had to teach her the message of the gospel. SHE is SO funny!!! Anyways, it was kind of a challenge but she ended up really liking me! So yesterday we had an appointment with her and halfway through, she broke character!!! It was the most awesome thing ever! She was like YALL ARE DRYYY! In her Atlanta accent! She’s so great! But she was just joking and she was saying how we are going to be awesome missionaries. I was totally crying! She said Yall befriended me. Yall came here to teach me da lessons and now we friendsss! haha! So it was the best experience I’ve ever had! To think you might be doing a horrible job teaching and then have your "investigator" say how incredible you are. Then she said, yall befriended me...and that’s what the missionaries did to me 4 years ago". OH my, AWESOME! I just couldn't believe it! It was the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Especially because these people are not supposed to go easy on us. Before we got here some other sisters went to teach Lawanna and she KICKED them out!!!! So I am just really grateful that we were able to be sensitive to the Spirit when teaching her... We were supposed to have one more time with her but she left yesterday to go to Atlanta because her best friend was murdered. So she’s going to go watch her kids for a little while back there.

So it was funny to see the new missionaries come in last Wednesday! I can’t believe how fast it’s gone by. It’s only been 2 weeks! I can’t believe how much I have learned! I feel like for the first time I really understand everything! I thought I did before...but I was SO wrong haha I feel like I have a pretty good foundation of knowledge now and we only have a week left of regular classes!!! All our elders leave Monday! :( I am going to miss them so much! They are so great! So then we start Visitor’s Center training!

ps- I am in the MTC choir! Ha I know. But I get really awesome seats at the devotionals! Stoked!

I hope everyone is doing well! I love you all!!
Have a good week!!
Sister Jarvie




No comments: