background

December 12, 2012

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!

Christmas Party--Elder Durrant & Sister Jarvie
So much has happened this week! Last Monday we went to our investigator family’s home and we had a great member couple with their teenage daughter come with us. I felt really strong about bringing this couple with us to teach because the husband had also been Baptist. He was able to answer their questions in a way that we never could have, it was so great! I just feel so blessed to have these incredible members to help us teach! The Spirit was so strong and I really was able to bear a strong testimony to them. We talked to them about getting baptized in the coming weeks and they were going to pray about it during the week. They had a big Christmas party at their house on Saturday, so we went to their house to help set up during the week. It was great to offer service to them. They really feel like the ward is a 'family'! And they said that was exactly what they were looking for when they moved here. Wow, the gospel is so true. The Lord has been preparing this incredible family for a long time.
Their Christmas party was so fun! Most of the people who were there were from the ward. They were afraid they might not have enough food for everyone and I said don't worry; where there's Mormons, there's food! hah So we ended up with tons of leftovers to take home and to other people.
Last night was definitely the best moment during my whole mission! We went to their house and our Ward Mission Leader came with us; he is really good friends with the father of the family. We were teaching the commandments, and they had questions about the prophet. Our WML was able to bear the strongest testimony on each of the things they had concerns about. IT WAS AWESOME. I don't think they completely felt like baptism was the right thing to do so soon. But as our WML was sharing his testimony, I was desperately searching for a certain scripture that came to my mind. At the very moment he finished and looked at me the pages opened to that very scripture...
In Acts 2:37-39 it reads, "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."
I explained that after hearing this message and feeling it is true, the next step a person should take is to be baptized. I invited them to be baptized and I was totally tearing up!! They committed to this SUNDAY!!! Wow, it couldn't get any better than this, really. I am so so so happy for them, words cannot even express it. I love this family so much! Four of them are old enough to be baptized and the youngest will be eight this summer. I will come back here next year when they go through the temple to be sealed as a family. I’m so grateful that families can be together forever through Heavenly Father’s Plan.
Also, our other investigator is doing so well! He bought his last pack of cigarettes last weekend! And is still on schedule to be baptized on the 22nd!
When I left Temple Square and came here to Parker nine weeks ago, we had no real investigators. There hadn't been a baptism in 2 1/2 years. And in that time there was not one person who accepted a second lesson from missionaries. Now, we will bring 5 more souls back into the fold before the end of the year. It's incredible. I'm so thankful that I could be here at this time and fulfill my purpose in coming to the CCSM.
THE CHURCH IS TRUE!
xoxoxooxoxo
CTR
--
Sister Lauren Jarvie
CO- Colorado Springs
11825 Meadowood Ln.
Parker, CO 80138

No comments: