background

August 24, 2012

Blog, Drink Water, Be Bold and Loving!

This is my last week of training Sister Di Liberto
Sometimes I sit here trying to think about what happened this week that was cool. But lately all I can think about every week is what I have learned!
1. Blog- The impact of my blog reaches far beyond what I had ever expected. This last transfer in came a Sister Olden to Temple Square Mission. She in her own words was "stalking my blog" until she came here. I LOVE her, she is hilarious! I love when people are so open and honest like her. I hope we can be companions before I’m released. I think it was her who said that she wasn't all that excited about her call to the Temple Square Mission until she started reading my weekly letters posted on the blog. She said that the experiences I share helped her become more excited about coming here!! Then, the cutest thing ever happened. This sweet girl Sabrina who has been a member of the Church for almost a year now came to Temple Square with the missionary who baptized her and met us. She seemed shocked and excited all at the same time when she was talking to me. She asked if I have a blog and I said yes. It was one of the most touching moments I've had on my mission! The Spirit was so strong and she told me that reading my blog every week has made her think she might want to go on a mission!! She had been praying to know if that's what she should do because she turns 21 soon. We talked for a little while and I bore my testimony to her about why I decided to serve a mission and what an impact one missionary can make in so many lives. Then we showed her Quentin L. Cook's testimony of Christ video about missionary work. Sabrina said that meeting with us and having this experience was the answer to her prayers. She is now going to serve a mission!! Anyways, it was awesome, the Spirit was so strong.
2. Drink Water- Drinking water is so so very important! I got a bad headache on Sunday. Wow, I will never drink more Diet Coke than I do water ever again! Luckily, Sister Gillette let me sleep in the secret 3rd floor of the South Visitors center. There is plush carpet and couches up there. I guess it used to be the old mission offices. Things have changed.
3. Be Bold and Loving- Perfect love casteth out all fear!(Moroni 8:16). If we really love these people we teach, we will not fear what they will think of us, worry about whether we will offend them, what they say or anything else because we know that what we are telling these people is true! The message of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. We know that all people are children of God, and that He has a plan designed for our ultimate success and happiness. We need to help each person make it back to Him with us. But like in the story of Alma teaching the multitude who were cast out of the synagogues because of their poverty, they were humble and meek, truly penitent! 5 million people a year come to Temple Square and I do not even know the number who call in or the number that we call. There are a lot of people who are not humble and will not listen to our words. We ALWAYS have the power and responsibility to teach by the Spirit and they have their agency to accept it or not. We have no control over their choice. Once we have taught them they are agents unto themselves.
What a good week!
I absolutely love being a missionary!
The gospel is true! 2 Nephi 31:20

Love
Sister Jarv
xoxooxo
Mom's Missionary Countdown Calendar
 

No comments: