background

December 17, 2012

Baptism!!!!

Many blessings ahead for the Perez Family!
Yesterday was the baptism of the Perez family! It was beautiful. We had a pretty crazy week so we weren't able to go and see them as often as we would have liked to. But everything came together for the baptism so it was great! It was announced in Sacrament meeting and so many people came, I've never seen anything like it. We held the whole program in the chapel and then everyone walked down to the relief society room for the baptism.
We helped them get ready and all we girls walked into the baptistery where the little waiting area is. It was so special to stand there with them and watch as Brother Keicher baptized Eddie. It was incredible! The Spirit was so strong!! I loved to see Eddie’s face as he watched his wife and children also get baptized. I love this family! They are so strong! I am so happy for them because I know they are coming closer to Christ each day they move forward in His gospel. This will bring so much happiness to their family!
Something that is hard for me to explain is the way they looked to me after they were baptized. I saw each of them in a completely new way. I could see that the Spirit was with them, they were glowing! It was such a sacred experience.
After that I got to work on Alyssa's hair, she’s 15 so it needed to be dried and straightened before we went back to the chapel haha it was so fun! I think her hair dried in maybe 6 minutes! It was also her 15th birthday and I got her the cutest little “tiara” birthday card. It said Birthday Princess and had hot pink glittery feathers on it! The best part is that she could wear it.
So when we all got back into the chapel, I gave the talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was a very powerful baptismal service. Then we went to the gym to have refreshments of course.
It was the best week of my mission!!!
I can't believe I go back to Temple Square in 2 weeks! Time has flown!
This Saturday is Gary's baptism. This is an investigator we have been working on since I got here, we’re so excited! And we will have 5 confirmations on Sunday! Oh my goodness!
Love you all!
xoxoxoxo
Sister Jarvie
CTR

-
Sister Lauren Jarvie
CO- Colorado Springs
11825 Meadowood Ln.
Parker, CO 80138

No comments: